馃帹馃尭 My Hippie Dream 馃尭馃帹

When i was very little i like to imagine that i was hairdressed, chef, fairwoman, doctor, etc; but my favorite one was supermarket cashier, i like a lot the idea of  work as that because i thought that all the money in the till it was going to be mine at the end of the day, and it was fun so it seams a really nice job to little me.

When I was in high school I thought of becoming a lawyer, psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, it called my attention all the careers of the humanist area where I could help the people. But my true passion was the artistic area, i thought about studying art but i did not like the work field, but i wanted something that would link me to this world.

Looking around i found Design and i fell in love with it. It was my prohibited desire in my last years in school, the career is very belittled by most people because of a bad conception of it, a bad conception that persecuted me and i was afraid that it would become true. My family gave me their support for the election the career that i thought was the most correct for me, and they always told me that it should be something that makes me happy, and that if i made a mistake in the election there was no problem. So I followed my "hippie dream" and i postulated to Design of Universidad de Chile.

The experience of studying design has been beautiful and not. The essence of the career, its diverse areas, the experiences of work and creative training is beautiful, noticing little by little of everything that it covers and how everything turns into an aid for the improvement of the lifestyle of people is beautiful. The experience with poorly trained teachers (in spite of being great professionals as many say), the abuse of power of some of them, the normalization of humiliation practices of some of them in class, the academic overload, the shortage of workspaces in good condition in our university, the deficiency in its work from administrative area of the faculty and the deterioration of mental and physical health is not cute.

When I graduated I would like to be able to do a postgraduate in multimedia design. I would like to work as a creative director and be able to do independent work in a design studio of my own.


Comentarios

Entradas populares